I'm sending on this announcement from Sandy Johnston:

Diana Wyatt and I are proposing what we hope will be a series of three
sessions at the Leeds Conference next year on plays based on the Bible
or other sacred texts. We hope to have three sessions and, although
English drama will be the focus, comparative proposals using continental
drama will be considered. See the draft description below. As you can
see the topic goes beyond the obvious ‘cycle’ drama and has the
potential to include the plays of John Bale and other sixteenth century
Protestant plays such as The Godly Susanna.

The Leeds conference next year will be earlier than in the past – 1-4
July. Anyone wishing to submit a proposal for a paper should send it
either to myself ([log in to unmask]) or to Diana
([log in to unmask]) by Monday September 10. We are casting a wide net and
I apologize in advance for any duplicate messages!

Sandy

Sentence and Solace in English Biblical Drama

Most plays from the English Middle Ages and early modern period are
based on Biblical or other sacred texts. This proposed three session
series will examine their infinite variety from the Jeu d’Adam to the
plays of the 16th century. Some are in Creation to Doomsday sequences;
some are Passion or Marian plays; some are saints play; others we know
about only from the records such as Creed and Pater Noster Plays; some
are didactic others more affective. Although the emphasis will be on
English drama, papers with a comparative interest with European Biblical
drama will be considered

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/ Records of Early English Drama/
170 St George St Ste. 810/ Toronto Ontario Canada/ M5R 2M8