I don't know Ray.  My Goddaughter worked in PD research with primates  and
she said yes, nicotine is neuro-protective; however, you have to have so
much of it that you would vomit.  I'm 62 and smoked since I was 13,  regularly
since about 18 with a period of 6 1/2 years; five months and nine  months
quit.  Didn't seem to help me.  I have now quit again for nine  months.  As I
recall Michael J. Fox was a heavy smoker.  I think I  read four packs a day
in his younger years.  Don't know about now but it  didn't seem to help him
either.  Roberta

In a message dated 8/6/2012 2:00:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,