-----Original Message-----
From: Meg Duggan
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Requip

I'm slightly confused about getting off sinemet and on to requip. Requip is
usually used as duo therapy with sinemet or as a mono therapy before
sinemet. Requip is a dopamine agonist, usually started per c/l or added when
sinemet is not doing all it could do. Are you young? Does your doc think he
started you on c/l too early? Or are u having bad side effects with the c/l?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 27, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Linda <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am currently in the process of being switched from Sinemet to Requip.
> Has anyone done this?  I'm really hoping it will work well as Sinemet is
> only effective for so long.  The doc is titrating me up on requip, then
> going to titrate me down on Sinemet.  She said that Sinemet was very
> dangerous to stop without slow titrating down.  Seems like I should have
> been told that when I first was prescribed it.  I started on Sinemet in
> May of 2010 so have been taking it for about 2 years and 3 months.
>
> Linda

> mailto:[log in to unmask]

I agree with Meg on this. Requip was the first med and then when it no
longer did the job c/l was added and wow what a difference. that was 7 years
ago and I am still taking them.

Russ