Please share widely the following CFP.

We still have space in the two Early Drama, Art, and Music sessions at
Kalamazoo next May:

Performativity I: Emotion, Mind, Body
Performativity II: Color, Sound, Gesture

Session I proposes to bring together papers that focus on the
expression of emotional states through deployment of the body. Among
these means of expression may be gesture and movement,
posture/positioning of the body, and nonverbal vocal expression. Such
manifestations may come from the visual, musical, or other
performative modes of expression.

Session II seeks to investigate the broad realm of performativity in
early drama, art, and music in terms of the sensorial experiences of
color, sound, and/or gesture. Papers in this session may answer
questions such as: What role did color (or the lack of color, e.g.,
grisaille) play in establishing meaning in art and performance? What
defined the soundscape of a medieval dramatic performance? How is
sound represented graphically in medieval art? How does gesture convey
meaning? What evidence suggests that gestures in art and drama
benefited from liturgical models?

Our Early Drama, Art, and Music session on performativity at the 2012
International Congress on Medieval Studies featured four excellent
papers and an enthusiastic audience. We are hoping to build on this
success with two sessions on different aspects of performativity at
the 2013 Congress, and the EDAM editorial board hopes that these three
sessions together will result in a future volume in MIP's Early Drama,
Art, and Music series.

Please send queries and/or proposals by September 17 to Patricia
Hollahan <[log in to unmask]>.