Hello Jasmin
> I am an occupational therapy student who is is interested in learning more about tremors associated to Parkinson' disease and the impact on daily activities, such as eating. For that reason, I am researching the effectiveness of weighted utensils or any other adaptive equipment that may assist with eating by means of reducing tremors. My question is has anyone tried anything of that sort that has been helpful?

Been living with PD for seven years; tried the weighted utensil approach with (what are now viewed as) hilarious results. Suffice to know the only thing a weighted spoon gets you is more momentum when trying to eat things like soup when it hits the wall. There's nothing mechanical I'm aware of that will assist eating by means of reducing tremor, since it will simply travel to other areas of the body. The best thing we have, unfortunately, are the drugs we all love to hate.
Be assured that if you manage to find something that actually works, there are over 100,000 of us across Canada that would beat a path to your door.
Best of luck with your research; you're welcome to contact me at [log in to unmask] if you believe there's something I might be able to help you with.

~ J