Hilary, thanks for letting us know about Ivan. I remember him well. He contributed a great deal to this list  for many years. In addition to all the causes described in his obituary, he was also an advocate for providing services for disabled people in their  homes and communities, rather than in nursing homes, an idea that now  is becoming more acceptable and possible . I hope that before his death, he was able to live in such an environment that he envisioned
Rest in peace Ivan.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: hilary blue <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ivan suzman
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:04:42 -0700

i don't know how many of us are left who remember ivan suzman. ivan was a great activist for pro parkinson legislation. he died on march 14th.,
there is an obituary  on-line which is a moving tribute to his memory.
ivan was one of the founding members on this list, and contributed many long and interesting letters and articles.
i will miss him.

hilary blue