Steve,

It is a problem that has been considered by Paul Johnston in his contribution to my TEAMS edition of the York plays. His results are tentative, and he hopes eventually to do a book on the topic. I personally after editing the plays suspect a number of hands involved rather than a single "York Master," but I don't have the linguistic expertise that Paul has.

Cliff