From: Linda
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: back, neck and leg pain

I would appreciate some input from other people with Parkinson's in regard
to the issue of pain. I have been told that I have degenerative disk disease
with a narrowing of the spinal column in the lumbar area. I was also told
that my left knee was bone on bone in 2006 and would need a replacement
sometime in the future. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1997's and
diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in May of 2010.

It seems like there are so many factors that I am very hesitant to do or
have done any invasive measures such as knee replacement or back surgery
because I feel like it will not resolve enough of the pain issues to be
worth the risk and the attempted rehabilitation. The neurologist I have just
been seeing recently made the statement that the pain would not be from
Parkinson's. I'm not sure if she thinks that pain is not a part of the
disease or that she feels that the pain I described wouldn't be from the
disease. My current back pain appeared to become acute after swimming a few
days in a row. It felt very good in the water to twist and turn my body but
after that, movement became more difficult than my pain level increased
radically.

It was very helpful to be on this list and receive the information about
briefings through the Parkinson's organization. I was able to get the
briefing on Parkinson's and pain and found that most informative. I plan to
be reviewing many of those articles. The recent stem cell article was also
very interesting.

I would appreciate any input from others as to their experiences and
thoughts on the little bit of information that I have given here.

Thanks, Linda