I found this article very helpful. The practice of keeping one hand free at
all times is essential for me. I would add that  carrying a purse can mess
with my balance. Pockets all the way!

Kathleen

From: Cleveland Clinic <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 17 October 2012 09:03
Subject: Here's something you should know from ClevelandClinic.org

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/parkinsons_disease/hic_parkinsons_disease_preventing_falls_and_maintaining_balance.aspx?utm_campaign=emailfriend&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ccf
(If clicking doesn't work, simply cut and paste the link into your Web
browser.)

===================================

Cleveland Clinic is ranked one of the top hospitals in America by U.S.News
& World Report (2012).
Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of
our services, staff and locations.

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error,  please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or
hard copy.

Thank you.