Good thoughts, Roger. I might expand on your suggestions: In the dojo, I was
taught that my CoG, (then called my "hara") is around two inches below my
navel. I can't tell you exactly what happens to the CoG as you move. But
being mindful of this center is very instructive in trying to increase one's
balance awareness. If you've tried Roger's bit and it feels good, you may be
ready to carefully try to expand to a next step...

Take a stance, perhaps with one hand on something you can use to keep from
falling, such as a grab bar or countertop. Spread the feet to a bit more
than shoulder-width apart. Do so slowly and gradually, perhaps incorporating
Roger's rocking motions, so you can note how your sense of balance changes.
Bend the knees as far as is comfy. Keeping that one hand engaged lightly,
try to rely on your balance and your senses, tightening your grip on the
grab bar only when necessary. Repeat rocking motions as before, only expand
your boundaries just a bit. I think if you do this kind of exploratory
movement, gently and carefully, on a regular basis, it can only help to
improve your muscle tone and expand your awareness as you move through your
day. A bit more awareness is often all that's needed to prevent an accident.

Again, I'm no expert in anything except what works for me. Of course,
consult with the appropriate consultants first. Take care.

Rick