> It's actually a humorous and instructive way to describe it.
Yes, one that stuck in my mind at least even after so many years. We
were told that during my physiotherapy  training whilst decomposing the
walk movements and it is true.
Learning to fall properly is a good idea but unfortunately one would
have to keep up with it all one“s life so it becomes a reflex and an
automatism. Automatic movements remain a long time in PD but most of the
time, people did judo or other such sports in their youth or young
adulthood and this falling reflex has gone by the time they have PD.
And you don“t always fall where you have enough space, like in a dojo.
John for a long time felt comfortable with 2 canes, the outdoor hiking
type which help keep a normal movement.  People always walks better on
their own rather then “helped“ by someone who tends to push-restrain
rather then really help.Then he had to have a walker indoors and the
Ustep was the best choice.

maryse