Sorry for cross-posting.

Dear colleagues and potential students,

Please read the following and share this information with your colleagues, friends, and former and current students, and post it to the listservs that you participate in:

Carleton University's School of Linguistics and Language Studies
accepts applications for the Fall 2013 admission to its new

PhD program in Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies.

The deadline for applications is February 1, 2013.

2013-2014 is the second year of our PhD program.

Our program offers two fields of specialization: Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies. Students are encouraged to take courses from both areas.

The Carleton program is unique in North America because in other universities these areas are typically housed in different departments or faculties. The innovative combination of Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies offers our doctoral students distinctive research areas and gives them a range of exciting professional opportunities upon graduation. The program addresses both theoretical and practical language-related issues and emphasizes hands-on research involving close collaboration with faculty members and other graduate students.

Ideal candidates will have exceptional academic writing skills as evidenced by a strong Master’s thesis, an outstanding research essay, a published academic work of high quality, or the equivalent.

We ask applicants not to contact individual professors before submitting their applications.

Additional information regarding the program and application process is provided at

http://www1.carleton.ca/slals/applied-linguistics-discourse-studies/phd/how-to-apply/

http://www1.carleton.ca/slals/applied-linguistics-discourse-studies/phd/

http://graduate.carleton.ca/programs/applied-linguistics-and-discourse-studies-phd/

If you have any questions, please contact me at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to considering new applications.

Happy New Year!

Natasha

Natasha Artemeva, PhD
Graduate Supervisor;Associate Professor;
SLaLS,Carleton University, Ottawa,ON,Canada K1S 5B6
Tel. +613-520-2600x7452;Fax +613-520-6641
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www1.carleton.ca/slals/people/artemeva-natasha -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- To leave the list, send a SIGNOFF CASLL-L command to [log in to unmask] or, if you experience difficulties, write to Russ Hunt at [log in to unmask]