Hello all.

I am wondering whether anybody (REED series editors in particular?)
can address the following question from Dr David George at Urbana
University.

"I will be in Toronto in March for the SAA, and I am going to
talk about Tudor and Stuart churches, chapels, deaneries, etc.  I
have added a section on abuse of sacred spaces in that period, and
of course have the [REED] Lancashire volume and Addenda for some cases.
However, I guess that other REED volumes have similar cases, and if
you have an easy way to indicate which counties have interesting
ones, perhaps you will find time to send me an e-mail.  The ones of
the greatest interest are those in which puritanical Anglicans get
into an altercation or fracas with those who carry on old customs
the puritans considered "Romish."  The rushbearing fight at Burnley
in 1603 is typical of this kind of contest of the sacred space."

Please email David directly at [log in to unmask] if you have any
information, and accept our thanks for your attention.

Best,
Carolyn Black, Project Manager
Records of Early English Drama