Hi Folks,

I received the following notification of a contest, which may be of interest. Please see the details below. If anyone is thinking of entering, I would love to hear about it.

Best,
Mike Spears

From: Casey Weston <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings! I am pleased to inform you about the AppMyCity! Prize, an exciting mobile app contest organized by the New Cities Foundation and mady possible by Google. We awarded the first AppMyCity! Prize at the inaugural New Cities Summit in Paris in 2012, and look forward to selecting this year’s winner at our upcoming Summit in São Paulo on June 4-6. The Atlantic Cities has just published an article about the prize.

About the Prize

The AppMyCity! Prize rewards new mobile applications that improve the urban experience, connect people, and make cities more fun, fair, vibrant, and sustainable places. Entries are open at http://www.appmycity.org and the submission deadline is April 26, 2013. The New Cities Foundation will fund lodging and travel to the New Cities Summit in São Paulo for three finalists, who will present their apps before the international, high profile audience of urban leaders, innovators and thinkers. The winner will be selected live by the audience and will receive 5,000 USD to support further development of their app.

Help Us Find the Winner!

To reward the best and most innovative urban applications, we need your help in spreading the word to potential applicants. All students, professionals and organizations are eligible*; please feel free to forward this email widely. Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions about the Prize. We look forward to reviewing submissions from U of T, the Mobile Application Development Lab, and from your wider network!

Best regards,

Casey Weston

Research Assistant

Urban (Co)Lab

New Cities Foundation

[log in to unmask]org
*Employees of Google, the New Cities Foundation and the Atlantic Cities are not eligible.