As you well  know every PWP is different, but I can assure you DBS stops tremors, my worst symptom.

As  Laureen has pointed out re the other symptoms, it is difficult to tell  if continued progression is due to PD or DBS.  This is especially true with speaking difficulty  -  mine began after DBS 10 years ago.

Laureen and I have had PD 17 years, but she is much younger than me and can take PD meds, which I can’t.   I have to use an  electric wheelchair, she uses a cane I believe.

The decider  may whether you have tremor or not.

good  luck.

Ray
Rayilyn Brown
Past Director AZNPF