-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Moneesha Sharma
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Prem

Hi everyone,

I have been meaning to tell you for some time that Prem passed away swiftly
and suddenly just before Christmas - due to a sub arachnoid haemorrhage.
It was a shock to us, as also to his doctor, but it was much the best way
for him to go.  He was 67 and had been diagnosed in 2001.  I am still trying
to come to terms with his going - we were married for over 40 years but I
had known him for many years before that.  This Christmas it would have been
50 years since we first met.

Today I read again this quote that Amanda had posted some time ago and it
set me thinking of how Prem dealt with Parkinson's.

"We are not now that strength which in old days  moved earth and heaven;
that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts; Made weak by
time and fate, but strong in will To strive to seek, to find, and not to
yield."

Though in the last weeks and months before he went, he had many more
challenges to face which sometimes disheartened him, his essential attitude
of finding solutions to problems was apparent even on the last day when he
talked with our son about how he could more easily deal with the problem of
getting out of bed and standing up without losing his balance.  And he
continued to find great joy in music and singing right to the end, for which
I am thankful.

Moneesha