Ray, when you say painful, do you mean speaking actually hurts? Or is it
painful in the sense of difficult and awkward?

My voice is certainly not what it used to be, but I still can articulate
and project fairly well. Wish I had my old singing voice back. If I had
known I would lose it, I would've spent a lot  more time singing!

Kathleen