I'm not sure I quite understand your questions, but maybe this will come
close: I do, at times, have problems focusing, even when wearing glasses,
mostly due to fatigue.  The day I tried out the tracking system, I was
seeing OK.  I don't believe that inability to focus would make any
difference with the eye tracking software, so long as you can make out
what's on the screen.  The software also includes an automatic magnification
feature (can be turned on/off), so that, when you look at something small, a
window pops up with the area you just looked at but magnified so that it's
easy to then dwell on the item you wanted to pick.  Blinking does not cause
the software to do anything.  There is a "getting used to" period, for sure.
The rep told me that they recommend new users to keep to about an hour for
the first sessions, as it does get tiring when you're learning the system,
and you have to concentrate on your eye movements much more than you would
once you're used to it.  In fact, you naturally find yourself flitting
around the screen so as to not dwell on anything too long and pick something
you don't want.  The software has a "pause" feature.  In "pause" mode, you
can stare at the screen or read a text without anything happening.

I am surprised that they use a standard keyboard layout for writing text.
First, I think that most of the intended audience does not type and,
therefore, would not be habituated to the location of letters, 2- the
current standard QWERTY layout is not the fastest, even for regular typing,
3- I can easily think of layouts that would dramatically reduce the
separation between most common letters and allow much faster word formation.
Which reminds me, the software does have a context-sensitive autofill
feature that provides three common word choices on the screen just above the
keyboard that you can pick from instead of selecting the remaining letters.

Roger