Interesting you should say that - I do use a device called a knee scooter, which is meant forpeople with a lower-leg injury - it's a 4-wheel scooter wher you put the knee of the dodgy leg on a kneepad and push off with the good leg. It  gets me around the flat (into the loo before I burst) & pops to the shops but getting a frozen leg up there is harder and the other leg is starting to be affected.   Whizzing downhill rather fun though.....