Hello, we have extended the deadline of our call for papers to July 1:

CALL FOR PAPERS
(Extended deadline for proposals: July 1, 2013)

Telling Stories: Personal Narrative in Writing Instruction
Editors: Duncan Koerber (York University); Robert G. Price (University of
Toronto)

We are now accepting paper proposals for an edited collection that will bring
together the latest research on the use of personal narrative writing in the
classroom.

In writing personal narratives, students tell stories about their own lived
experiences while working on grammar and style. Personal narrative assignments
have grown in popularity as a means to improve students’ writing skills and
also to help students understand the fundamentals of academic disciplines. This
book will explore how personal narrative belongs, and makes good pedagogical
sense, in college and university classes.

We will gladly accept proposals from instructors of writing and composition
courses. Additionally, we are quite interested in submissions from instructors
who are using personal narrative in disciplines that do not have a tradition of
using personal narrative writing (examples include biology, chemistry, physics,
math, business, sociology, psychology, political science). Looking broadly, the
collection will reveal the wide suitability of this written form, and it will
help us understand the varied ways instructors have employed personal narrative
writing in their disciplines.

Solely theoretical submissions will be considered; however, preference will be
given to papers that present quantitative and/or qualitative research projects
such as surveys, ethnographies, experiments, case studies, rhetorical analysis,
discourse analysis, content analysis and so on. Nonetheless, proposals must
connect research projects with current theoretical conversations in writing and
composition pedagogy.

Please circulate this call to your colleagues, particularly those working in the
disciplines listed above.

Submit your 500-word proposal and CV to Duncan Koerber ([log in to unmask]) by
July 1, 2013. We will notify contributors by July 15, 2013. Final drafts of
6000 to 8000 words will be due by December 15, 2013.