From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 8:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PARKINSON CAUSED BLADDER INFECTION

DEAR RAY,
JUST A REPORT ON MY HUSBAND WITH THE URINE INCONTINENCE---IT  TURNED INTO A
BLADDER INFECTION .  HE LOST ALL HIS STRENGH , ALL OF A  SUDDEN , ONE NIGHT
AND SO I CALLED 911 THINKING IT WAS A  STROKE.

HE WAS TAKEN TO THE ER ROOM AND THEY SAID IT WAS A  BLADDER INFECTION,
GIVEN ALL THE TESTS AVAILABLE SENT UPSTAIRS AND HE WAS  THERE FOR THREE DAYS
AND SENT TO  A SKILLED NURSING HOME--FOR AT  LEAST 10 MORE DAYS.

HE IS OFF THE ANTIBIOTIC  NOW AND SO  FREE OF THE  INFECTION--BUT HE HAS
NOT REGAINED HIS STRENGTH SO WILL REMAIN IN THE NURSING  HOME FOR AT LEAST 5
MORE DAYS AND HAVE  PHYSICAL THERAPY EVERY  DAY.

I HAVE READ THIS IS A FAIRLY COMMON PARKINSON PROBLEM?   ANYONE ELSE HAVE
THIS BLADDER INFECTION EXPERIENCE?

WILL HIS STRENGTH RETURN AND IS THERE ANY HOPE OF AN  IMPROVEMENT IN THE
INCONTINENCE PROBLEM--AFTER THE ANTIBIOTIC WAS GIVEN  AND CURED THE
INFECTION?

MARGARET