My mother took sleeping pills for 30 years. I'm convinced they're the reason that strong-minded, self-educated and intelligent woman spent the last few years of her life with her brain turned to mush and no short-term memory.

I'd rather stay awake all night (and have) than take one.  Be careful.

Amanda