From: sburnett001
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: weaing off pd meds

Let me explain what happened.  in late august i fell and broke my hip.
Tried to pin it  but after several weeks rehabing pins(3) broke loose.
Ortho then did a total hip replacement.  operation went well but after had
some type of allergic reaction with hallutionations and all.
     At this point I was under the care of the Ortho doctor and in an effort
to make a plan of attack he contacted my Nuero who informed us that she did
not have prevlidges at the hospital and would/could not come see me. At that
point the hospitalist and ortho decided to take me off some of the parki
meds.  It also wasnt clear what had
caused the reaction It could be the pain of the pins  coming loose,  drug
interaction,or  something else. Our Ortho (the only Dr we've seen)isn't
willing to prescribe the parki meds...
It will be 2 weeks until I see the neuro.....any thoughts?

Scott

On Sep 28, 2013, at 6:02 AM, Mary Ann Ryan wrote:

> Scott, drug holidays have been discouraged because some people found that
> their PD meds didn't work as well once they were restarted.  I would
> advise you to get your prescriptions filled ASAP.  Call your physician and
> explain your situation.  I'm sure that he can call your pharmacy for  a
> small number of meds to tide you over until  you can make your
> appointment.
> ---------
> Mary Ann Ryan RN (CG Jamie 68/28 with PD, died 11/20/07)
>

>> due to a list of errors to long to list right now, I've been without my
>> pd med for 5 days.  To make things worse it could be a wee/k  before i
>> get in to see a nuero and get tmy prescriptions refilled.  Am I putting
>> myself al risk of real. long lasting danger or am I courting some
>> potentially serious discomfort?   Please ge t back to me ASAP
>>
>> Scott Burnett

>> To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
>> mailto:[log in to unmask]

> mailto:[log in to unmask]