Hi Theresa,

The centre here is located in a building separate from SMU's new-ish Atrium/Commons space, which has been dubbed the Learning Commons; still, the centre is considered part of the Learning Commons — more spiritual that physical connection… The centre is its own department within the university, and the centre director reports to the Dean of Arts.

Our physical space is quite good, though open, located in what was once part of an old library. There is an office for me, a conference room, 5 tutoring spaces, as well as a desks and computers for tutors. There is also a separate reception area, with space for waiting students. Outside the centre is an atrium with chairs and computers for study, which attracts student to the centre.

Hope this is helpful.

Brian

Brian Hotson, MTS

Director, Writing Centre

Burke 115,

Saint Mary's University,

Halifax, NS B3H 3C3

Direct: 902.491.6201

Main: 902.491.6202

image001_sm

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. It is intended only for the person or persons to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by email or telephone.