Hi Folks,

I received a request from an Adjunct Professor in CS who is looking for help with an Android-based development project.

Here are the details:

Seeking Linux/Android Hardware Driver Developer

Project Goal - Author a device driver for Android 4.2 that integrates our new touch surface with the Android OS.
Specifics - Target OS is Android 4.2, target communication is serial over UART. Your role will be to author the driver that communicates with the serial port and translates serial data that describes the touch points into OS events for Android.
Skills Required - Experience with kernel-level programming, Android/Linux driver authoring, and Android Multitouch Event architecture. Familiarity with mtdev for finger tracking across frames is a plus.
Deliverables -  Source code and documentation. Compiled driver.
Compensation - Based on experience.

Please contact Clifton Forlines at [log in to unmask] with questions or to apply. (Do not reply to this list.)

Thanks,
Mike Spears
MAD Lab Manager, University of Toronto
[log in to unmask] | @MADLabUofT | mobile.utoronto.ca