Thanks, Kathleen, nice try (you made me giggle) but I don't look like a sausage !
A bollard (to me} is a plastic cone about four foot high that men repairing roads,
 paths etc put round holes /piles of gear so passing idiots won't trip up.
They're also used to mark pedestrian refuge islands in the middle  of busy roads so lorry
drivers know where to aim and scare you witless by passing within half an inch of you.
Amanda