Kathleen, you are correct - Christmas is a season, not a day.  We start
celebrating the first Sunday of Advent.  The grandkids love that the entire
month of December is dedicated to celebrating Jesus (and I do too).  Making
Jesse tree ornaments, Christmas cookies and Ginger bread houses is tradition
here.  The Ginger bread house thing turned into a bit of a problem this year
because participants were sick while making them or became sick within a
day.  All I could see when I looked at those decorated houses was several
big bacterial cultures - I threw them all out.  Didn't want anyone to be
tempted to eat any of the candy coated treasures.

Happy New Year!!
---------
Mary Ann