Hi,

Dell has kindly loaned the MADLab an XPS 18 Windows 8 tablet. As you can see in the picture, it has a large touch screen (18” !), but it is much lighter and thinner than you would expect for the size. It has an integrated battery too. I think there could be some interesting applications for this device in kiosks or interactive displays.

We have it here at the MADLab (Gerstein Library) for anyone who wants to get their hands on it or take it for a test drive – please stop by and say hi! We’d be happy to help you test your software or website on it.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15qXGF1uORs6;B62ADC53-7CFF-4FC7-A177-0FB527E1D9CE

(That’s a “normal sized” mug and pen in the photo for size comparison.)

Mike Spears
MAD Lab Manager, University of Toronto
[log in to unmask] | @MADLabUofT | mobile.utoronto.ca

Subscribe to MAD Lab News: http://uoft.me/ist