Dear Rayilyn,

I guess this is not discouraging at all. Although this is a preliminary
study, my feeling is that ProSavin represents a right step in the right
direction. A number of gene therapy experiments are currently undergoing
and we will see what's coming out in the next few years. Indeed, this
approach -and few more under experimental implementation- is something
different, e.g., it is not based on dopamine-replacement strategies. My
laboratory -as many others- strongly feels that many new arrivals can be
expected from gene therapy experiments, with the ultimate goal of using
gene therapy tools to manipulate basal ganglia circuits. Compared to
cell therapies, gene therapy seems to be a much more feasible and
realistic strategy.

All the best and have a nice day, Jose L. Lanciego