I fear I must add to the sadness.  John Murphy, Professor Emeritus at the University of Colorado, passed away November 15, 2013, at the age of 90.  As many of you know, he was (among other things) the co-editor of "The Digby Plays: Facsimiles of the Plays in Bodleian MSS Digby 133 and E. Museo 160.  I saw him just a few days before at a concert, and although he was frail, he was as enraptured as ever by the music (The Takacs Quartet).  He and John will both be greatly missed.  (One of my fondest John memories is his taking me on a Civil War tour when I visited him and Barbara.  Boy did I learn a lot!)

Shirley Carnaha