when, oh when is my life going to change?

From: Parkinson's Action Network (PAN)
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Joint Statement: New Report on Parkinson's Drugs in Pipeline

             The Parkinson's Action Network (PAN) along with The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research, the National Parkinson Foundation, The Parkinson Alliance, and the Parkinson's Disease Foundation released a joint statement yesterday applauding biopharmaceutical research companies for developing 37 new Parkinson's disease drugs, but called for more research to find effective medications that would target the disease directly.

      The report, which outlines the 37 new drugs, was released by Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) on Monday. The 37 new drugs are either in clinical trials or awaiting review by the Food and Drug Administration, but do not include medications being developed outside of the United States.

      "We are pleased to see that there are 37 new drugs making their way to patients," said Amy Comstock Rick, CEO of PAN, in the released statement. "However, the number of new drugs is not as important as whether these medications are ultimately effective in improving the quality of life for people with Parkinson's. As a community, we will continue to fight to ensure that researchers have the funds and resources they need to bring us closer to drugs or therapies that directly slow or halt the progression of this disease."

      To read the full PhRMA report, click here.

      To read the full statement, click here.

      Unsubscribe