The Parkinson's Action  Network has  provided  leadership on  advocating
for revision and updating the Social Security Administration  rules on
disability claims. PAN has been working with SSA on this  issue for a
number of years.  Many PWP have noted how archaic the  application forms
are (40+ years old)  and that they don't reflect  current knowledge of the
disease and its symptoms. PAN  convinced the SSA officials that its
outdated disability criteria for evaluating PWP  had to change
A PAN Action Alert  for comments on the proposed rule changes  was sent to
their mailing list of E-advocates last week.
Ray helped get the word out by posting this alert  on the Parkiinsn list on
4/22 . (Thanks Ray --see her email below). I also had some problems at
first with the link. I think  forwarded emails, the links  don't always get
thru  intact .

 If you would like to receive PAN Action  alerts and advocacy news
directly, you can sign up for them on the PAN home page at
http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/

Or call PAN at: 800-850-4726

linda