I know that there are lots of references in REED to trumpeters. We don't
yet know enough about the royal group, or what they did when on their
travels, let alone what they did at the playhouses, apart from announce the
imminent start of each performance. This question came up in a session at
the V&A in London last weekend. I'll try to locate the speaker, and pass
your email on to her.

Andy Gurr.