Hello William (and everyone else),

what a fascinating project. Would you want to include music in the Lord
Mayor's Show (and other civic entertainments) in your survey? Some of the
printed books contain musical notation for songs (which appear to have been
composed for the occasion) and there are copious references to musicians
and various instruments in the livery company records of these events.
Happy to provide more detail if you're interested.

Best wishes
Tracey Hill

--
Dr Tracey Hill
Head of Department of English & Cultural Studies

Book, Text and Place (1500-1750) Research Centre
http://booktextandplace.wordpress.com/

Pageantry and Power: a cultural history of the early modern Lord Mayor's
Show, 1585-1639
Winner of the David Bevington Prize for the Best Book in Early Drama Studies
<http://www.manchesteruniversitypress.co.uk/catalogue/book.asp?id=1204754>
http://www.manchesteruniversitypress.co.uk/cgi-bin/indexer?product=9780719080104

T: +44 (0)1225 875770
Visit www.bathspa.ac.uk
Join us on: Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/bath.spa.university>| Twitter
<https://twitter.com/#%21/BathSpaUni>| YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/BathSpaUniversity>|
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/bath-spa-university>
Newton Park, Bath, BA2 9BN

Think before you print

Disclaimer
If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it
from your system. Any views or opinions expressed in personal emails are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bath
Spa University. Neither Bath Spa University nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan this email
and any attachments for viruses.