Russ,

This is not a phishing expedition. In past editions of the Brief Penguin Handbook and the Little Penguin Handbook we have used articles from the Inkshed Newsletter as samples in the MLA documentation chapter for how to cite a web publication. This request is for using it again in the Little Penguin Handbook. Originally our intention was to bring Inkshed to the attention of writing instructors who adopted the book. I don't know how well that has worked, but that was the idea.

Roger Graves

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 6:32 AM, Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This request just came in to the CASLL-L request address. I
don't know who would be in a position to grant permission --
other than Theresa, for the second piece, and I can't imagine
why they haven't contacted her directly. She's not hard to
find. Or why Penguin's going to India for permissions
outsourcing: maybe it's just a phishing expedition?

But, anyway, for your consideration:

Send reply to:  <[log in to unmask]>
From:   "Vinothkumar Elangovan" <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        URGENT: New Pearson Education Permission Request: Inkshed - Faigley/The Little Penguin Handbook
Date sent:      Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:04:20 +0530

Hi,

I'm writing on behalf of Pearson Education for permission to
republish material from the Inkshed Newsletter & magazine.

Please find attached a copy of our formal permission letter.

Could you please review our request and let me know at the
earliest if you can grant us permission for this use?

If there is someone else I should contact for this request,
please do let me know at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards!

Vinoth Kumar
Associate Project Manager - Text Permissions
Lumina Datamatics Ltd.
(Formerly Datamatics eRetail & Publishing / PreMedia Global)

 <http://www.luminadatamatics.com/>
 cid:[log in to unmask]

Mobile: +91-8680075754 Fixed Line: +9144-42913999 ext: 975
Located at: 12th Floor, Phase II, Ascendas International Tech
Park, Taramani Road, Chennai - 600113
 <http://www.luminadatamatics.com/> www.luminadatamatics.com

Disclaimer: The contents of this e-mail message and any
attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the
addressee. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
this message and its attachments. Any unauthorized use, copying
or dissemination of this transmission is prohibited. Neither the
confidentiality nor the integrity of this message can be vouched
for following transmission on the Internet.

--
Russ Hunt
Professor Emeritus

Attachments:
  C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Local\Temp\WPM$3UI4.PM$
  C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Local\Temp\WPM$HOIW.PM$
  C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Local\Temp\WPM$TGQI.PM$
  C:\Users\Russ\AppData\Local\Temp\WPM$I80B.PM$

--
Roger Graves
Director, Writing Across the Curriculum