LAUNCHING EARLY MODERN LONDON THEATRES, V. 2

I am delighted to report the launch this week of the second phase of
Early Modern London Theatres, with extensive new data relating to
several entertainment centres south of the Thames: the Hope, Newington
Butts, the Swan and the bearbaiting arenas (www.emlot.kcl.ac.uk/?).
Next to come will be the Rose which we turn to next.

We owe special thanks to lead EMLoT bibliographer, Tanya Hagen, whose
scholarship and dedication to the project have been key to our
progress. She has been ably assisted by an outstanding graduate
student in the Dept of English, John Estabillo, who is now associate
editor for phase 2.

The funding for their work has come from grants from the SSHRC and The
British Academy, for which we remain deeply grateful.

Sally-Beth MacLean
REED Director of Research/General Editor