Not just suspected... but lived it.  I had been on Mirapex (3 mg/day) and
was "participating" in some of the typical compulsive behaviors as
mentioned in the article. When I finally was confronted and subsequently
confessed to the neuro what I had been doing, she told me not to beat
myself up too much about it because I "couldn't do a thing about it" on my
own.  She yanked me off the Mirapex which initiated a horrible withdrawal
and also resulted in other unpleasant changes that I am still dealing with
over two years later.

There are some positive aspects to Mirapex (more energy, better motivation
and attitude, no depression,...) but they're not worth the risk for me.

Roger