Dear Colleagues,

The latest issue of Early Theatre  will be released in December 2014.  Our new website is <http://earlytheatre.org/>, with only the most recent two years' subscription behind a moving wall.  The other volumes, from 1 (1998) to 15 (2012) are freely searchable and available for downloads online in pdf format.

Current issue:
Editorial  (by the editors)
Epitaph:  Lawrence Clopper (by Alexandra Johnston)

ARTICLES

Hocus Pocus and the Croxton Play of the Sacrament
 (by Cameron Hunt Macnabb)

'To all kinde of estates I meane for to trudge': Making room for commoners in Cambises
(by Maya Mathur)

The Appearance of Blacks on the Early Modern Stage: Love's Labour's Lost's African Connections to Court
(by Matthieu Chapman)

Inferior Readings: The Transmigration of 'material' in Tamburlaine the Great
(by Mathew Martin)

Ben Jonson's Eloquent Nonsense: the Ordeal of Heard Meanings on the Early Modern Stage (1609-1614)
(by Hristomir A. Stanev)

ISSUES IN REVIEW
New Approaches to Thomas Heywood
Contributing Editor:  Grace Ioppolo

Introduction:  Entire Hands and Main Fingers
(by Grace Ioppolo)
Thomas Heywood: Just in time
(by Grace Ioppolo)
'Stolne and surreptitious': Heywood as a Test Case
(by William Proctor Williams)
Playhouse Shadows: the Manuscript Behind Dick of Devonshire
(by William B. Long)

Best wishes,

Dr H M Ostovich  <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.humanities.mcmaster.ca/~english/Faculty/Ostovich.html
Founding Editor, Early Theatre <http://earlytheatre.org/>
Professor Emeritus, English and Cultural Studies
McMaster University
Hamilton ON L8S 4L9
Canada