About seven years ago, tingling in the feet and sleeping problems that my doctor couldn't figure out sent me to kindly neurologist for an MRI, who eventually suggested that symptons suggested "early onset PDs" .  I saw him every 6 months for about 2 year, each time slightly more symptons (left side only) but no major impediment except that beginning to interfere with my exercise routine and sleep.

He suggested that PD was not his forte and recommended me to his associate.  She seemed much more knowledgeable about PD and she seemed excited to have someone who was so young (51), already on a "great diet", in "great shape" and able to exercise.    She didn't know what to do with me, kept telling me "how lucky I was" compared to all the other PD patients she has seen (no pain, no tremors, no freezing, etc).   After about 2 years with her, I began to experience occasional pain (once a month) in my right shoulder.  Sent me for PT but did not effect (PT evaluation sawnothing), saw ortho nothing, etc so after about 9 months of this , the right shoulder pains were becoming weekly she suggested that I give in and start sinemet therapy.
2 low dose senimet pills a day, and all of a sudden no right shoulder pain, no left-side symptons at all .  As you probably know, this reprieve was short-lived (2 months) and the dosage needed to be upped monthly.  She seemed at lose and I became concerned myself.   I was reading more and more about PD and most of what read did not follow describe my experience.  It seemed to me that although "no 2 people experience PD alike"  there is a significant difference between early onset and "normal (?)" PD.

I asked her if she had much experience with EA PD and she said no.   I then asked to recommend someone who was.   She came back a week later and sent me to the "area's leading PD neurologist".

I started with him over a year ago and the 3-4 times he deigned to see me, I have went from amazed to _____-.   I was at first awed that he could confidently diagnose and change my treatment with a 10 minute exam and my meds "on" (so no symptons).   My second visit  about 6 months later, went like "so that treatment isn't helping a lot" ,  go get DBS".    I started bringing my wife to be my witness.  Last visit, he was hour late for the appointment, came in and basically said "still not working ?, I got to see other patients,  get DBS, good bye "  when I started to ask a question he got up and left the exam room.

I think I need a second opinion and/or new neuro ---  please send me recommendations  directly at [log in to unmask]

 Thank you your consideration and for letting me vent,