Thanks to you and  Barbara for this great site.  what exactly does "the
email list will  live on" mean?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cottingham
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Changes Coming for PIENO

Hello Friends and fellow travelers, for PIENO (Parkinsn Website) we have
reached a fork in the road.

With a heavy heart, the website will cease to exist December 31st. The email
list will live on but after consulting with Barbara Patterson and some other
dear friends we decided to make this decision since the landscape has
changed dramatically in technology and others have the resources to provide
advanced and current information.

My time doing the technical stuff to keep it running smooth was taking away
from my other endeavors. Since the beginning about 14 years ago we have had
no sponsors, just dedicated folks like you to post interesting and current
information.

The copyright lawyers looked at our archives and went over them with a fine
toothed comb to find violations. For those perceived violations they
threatened to take my Social Security for something, someone else posted.

As a result, Parkinsn the past several years has just been links posted
about everything and no participation saying in your opinion how the link
was relevant to us. Barbara and I truly believed in giving and nurturing
those who needed help and those generous souls who have contributed that
heartfelt help. Posting links and Me To replies somehow doesn't meet the
helping others hurting with our common conditions. Parkinsn is a discussion
list....even if you disagree.

Please get acquainted to the links in the headers of your Parkinsn email for
ways to interact with the listserv. The archives will be on the listserv
where they have always been but will just not exist on the PIENO website
after December 31st.

We have been thrilled with the breakthroughs in research, marching and
writing and calling and decades have passed and we still have the same
degenerative condition. We have become weary in well doing.

In the New Year where ever you go to get neurological information, support
them and participate.

Thank You All

John Cottingham
co-owner Parkinsn