> Hello Friends and fellow travelers, for PIENO (Parkinsn Website) we have
> reached a fork in the road.

John, I am very sorry to read the end of this list is nigh. I shall never
be able to thank you and Barbara enough for making this list available to
us, many years ago. It was a time when even in the most advanced textbooks
on neurology, ´Parkinson´ had no more than about 10 lines, saying it was
the only ´treatable´ neurological disease. I think I joined around 1997,
wanting to help my partner John, a PWP who was also a neurologist but so
little was known then about the disease. It is lists like this one that
made us discover symptoms that were never described before being part of
PD. This list has been invaluable to me certainly but to so many in
discovering, step by step, what is now known ´officially´.
This brings back sad memories but also funny passages about pink flamingos
and pig cells. So many people who became friends. Some have gone, some are
still with us.
This list has been for me the lighthouse in the dark so again: THANK YOU
both.

On a more practical side: could you post the link to the archives please?
And for Caregivers who want to keep on  learning and finding support, I
remind you there is a list, CARE, started many years ago by Camilla
Flintermann and now run by Teresa Marty.
I know there is an easier way to join it but if you write to :Teresa Marcy <
she will sign you on.

We can still be together until the end of the year. So long

maryse ( ex cg for John)