Hi All,

SOCAAR is pleased to announce our first SOCAAR Seminar for 2015.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 3 - 4 PM
200 College Street - WB407

Clean combustion engines

Professor Jim Wallace
Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
University of Toronto

Internal combustion engines provide the motive force for the world's ground transportation system and construction industry and generate essential electric power for off-grid communities and work sites. Yet engines can be a source of both gaseous and particulate matter emissions. This seminar will review the sources of these emissions and present the technologies for controlling them. Engine design continues to evolve, not only because of emissions regulations, but also in response to legislation requiring reduced fuel consumption. These requirements conflict and present a significant challenge to engine designers. The gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine provides an interesting example of a design advance that enables much reduced fuel consumption but at a cost of greater particulate matter emissions. The seminar will highlight the research challenges associated with minimizing GDI particulate matter emissions.

If you are unable to join us for the seminar in person, we will be broadcasting the presentations live during the seminar using GoToMeeting software. Please feel free to join us online using a web-browser or by calling in and using the webviewing software. If you do decide to join us, please remember to mute your microphone.  If you have any questions during the meeting you are welcome to contact me by email, or by using the GoToMeeting chat.
Instructions on how to connect:
Using your web-browser or smartphone
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/599728293

By telephone