Could I add my voice to the conversation, and offer my signature on any letter in support of the WLU Writing Centre people affected by this "incompetent decision."

I was the first "Coordinator" (every other year it was "Director," since every contract was different) of the Laurier Writing Centre: 1987-1995, and recall the challenges of keeping the Centre, and its programming, going. The Centre, originally conceived as "remedial" (its task  being simply to administer the compulsory placement test for first-year students [those were the days!!!], went from one-year to two-term to one-term contracts--sometimes they simply forgot to renew us at all. Sad that now, pretty well 3 decades later, the hope/dream/plan of sustaining the Centre has hit the wall. But yes, I agree, this is the world of the WPA/writing instructor: all the responsibility, and no power.

andy stubbs

>>> Natasha Artemeva <[log in to unmask]> 03/13/15 11:49 PM >>>
I completely agree. This is just another attack on writing centres. My heart goes to Boba and her colleagues. I think CASLL and CASDW need to write a joint letter, whoch I'd be happy to sign.

Natasha
--
Natasha ArtemevaAssociate Professor
Graduate Supervisor