This was the sentence that caught my attention:

“Some researchers have reported that tDCS can reduce pain, ease depression, treat autism and Parkinson’s disease, control cravings for alcohol and drugs, repair stroke damage, and accelerate recovery from brain injuries, to say nothing of improving memory, reasoning and fluency”

The article is actually quite alarming – a sort of do-it-yourself brain stimulation, which may, or may not work, depending on the individual.

Here’s the link:

http://www.economist.com/news/technology-quarterly/21645509-diy-bundle-electronics-or-ready-made-device-it-possible-stimulate

If anyone can’t open it, and would like to read the srticle, let me know and I will try to get it to you,

Julie