Apologies for Cross Postings

Dear Members,

We are sending out a call for submissions for the annual CASDW Dissertation award. The submission deadline is April 30, 2015.

Our committee has been privileged to read some very fine dissertations the past few years and we are looking forward to receiving new nominations from within our diverse and interesting field.

We are also requesting that CASDW members pass on the call to their local faculty, colleagues, graduate departments or organizations where there are possible candidates.

We have had submissions from Education, Linguistics, Rhet/Comp, Communications so the field is wide and distributed.

I have attached the call and also will print below:

On behalf of my committee members Sara King and Jay Dolmage we thank you in advance for helping us find the next CASDW dissertation award recipient.

Best regards

Kathryn Alexander

CASDW 2015 PhD Dissertation Award: Call-for-submissions

The CASDW annual Dissertation Award recognizes the most outstanding PhD dissertation in Writing Studies, Discourse Studies, Rhetoric, or a cognate field for the preceding year. The award will be given to a student in a Canadian University or to a Canadian student studying outside Canada.  To be eligible, dissertations must have been defended between January 1, 2014, and December 31, 2014. An announcement of the winning dissertation will be made at the CASDW Annual General Meeting.
The deadline for nominations is April 30, 2015. The assessment criteria for the award are the following: (1) the overall quality of the writing and thinking; (2) the significance of the question(s) addressed in the research; (3) the importance of the new knowledge presented in the thesis; and (3) and methodological rigour and/or innovation.
Applicants should send the following items to each member of the selection committee listed below: a pdf file containing the thesis, a CV, and a cover sheet with the applicant’s full name, citizenship, institution and degree program, and contact information for their primary supervisor.

•        Kathryn Alexander ‎ [[log in to unmask]]‎

•        Jay Dolmage [[log in to unmask]]‎

•        Sarah King [[log in to unmask]]