Wow!!  Can't wait to get online and check it out on my (trumpet fanfare here) NEW iPad Mini 3!

Cheers! Alan

On 05/04/15, Sally-Beth MacLean <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[log in to unmask]" class="iwcQuote" style="border-left: 1px solid #00F; padding-left: 13px; margin-left: 0;" type="cite">
ANNOUNCING THE LAUNCH OF

?On the Road Again: A digital forum in the history of entertainment
and culture? <https://otra.library.utoronto.ca>

This new online resource integrates four scholarly projects on a
modular extensible platform, to support the ability to make linkages
between different aspects of performance history over time, and to
work interactively with other theatre historians on creating new
scholarship. The forum has been built using the open-source Drupal
platform and Openlayers GIS mapping through partnership with the
University of Toronto Libraries (Digital Library and Web Services
Group - for database design and sustainability), and the Department of
Geography (GIS and Cartography Office ? for interactive mapping.) The
forum includes two previous digital database projects in the history
of itinerant performance, while adding two more:

1) Records of Early English Drama (REED): Patrons and Performances
<https://reed.library.utoronto.ca>
2) Juba Project (Early Blackface Minstrelsy in Britain)
3) Fringes of Show Business in Canada West: Performance culture in
Southern Ontario to 1919 (new)
4) The Exhibition and Reception of American Popular Film in Canada (new)

We thank the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
for the Connections grant that made our work possible. The partners
participating are listed on the individual project sites.
--
Alan Somerset, Professor Emeritus, Western University. Canada
REED Website: http://www.reed.utoronto.ca/index.html