I have been taking Rytary now for about a month, so am relatively new to
it.  I was not having much luck with various combinations of
immediate-release (IR) Sinemet and CR Sinemet at staying in the "on band"
between tremors and stiffness (low side) and dyskinesias (high side).  I'm
still definitely in the "adjustment" stages with Rytary, currently taking
three capsules of the 61.25/245 in the morning and mid-day and two capsules
late afternoon.  Generally, it takes 20-30 minutes to feel the effects of
the new dose, followed by an "on" time of a couple of hours or so
(depending on the day), then a fall-off period during which the tremors
start to re-appear.  Then, of course, I start it all again.  The challenge
I have is the timing of successive doses. It appears that, at the 4 to 4
1/2 hour dosing intervals that I have been using (and had used with the
Sinemet IR/CR regimen) that the "flood" of levodopa that occurs when the
first Rytary capsules dissolve is causing dystonias - contractions in legs
and arms that start about 15 to 20 minutes after taking a new dose and last
30 to 45 minutes, not debilitating, but they really mess with my walking.
They are distinct from the dyskinesias experienced later in the dosing
period if I've taken too much (this is why I take only 2 capsules late
afternoon, for example).  So, I'm experimenting with extending the dosing
interval some and/or staggering ingestion of the capsules.  Overall, I seem
to be experiencing a longer "on" time, fewer dyskinesias and less
variability (lower peaks, shallower troughs) than with the IR/CR.

I've found a good article on dosing of Rytary (
http://www.parkinson.org/NationalParkinsonFoundation/files/44/44a37611-7834-4eec-9a8b-c52ed3d4ab34.pdf),
and there is more for the interested reader upon googling "pharmacokinetics
of Rytary".

Cheers!

Roger