Hi Roger,

Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful note. I have already shared it with others. I am now in my third week in this transition process, and I think the Rytary has kicked in a little.

But first let me backup -I was on a 2 hour sinemet 25/100 regime starting at 7 AM with the sinemet  ER only at bedtime. That seemed to keep the tremors  etc. away most of the time, so I did not have much down time, just slower time in the morning.

The first two weeks of this transition process were not fun. And in the middle of the  second week, I decided to return to my 2 hour regime. I am taking the same Rytary  you mention in your note three times a day - 7 AM, 1PM, 7PM. Since nothing was working last week, the return to the 2 hour schedule with the 25/100 stopped the tremors right away. I had 4 easy days (The doctor wanted me to keep  a diary.) following my usual schedule along with the extra bit of the Rytary. Then this week has been different with a three hour schedule which then went sometimes to 4 or 5 hours before I needed to take the sinemet. However, today, I worked in the the garden and found that I needed to do the 2 hours this morning - it may be better this afternoon.

I realize that each one of us with Parkinson's has our own med regime, and thus would have a different transition. When asked if I preferred taking the 2 hour regime or waiting it out to when the tremors start (which could be 3? 4? 5? hours), I could not answer, Predictable life versus unpredictable life -  I feel I have to have more time with the Rytary.

You mentioned in your note taking a sinemet with Rytary on days of stress etc.
What does this mean as to the number of Ryatry you do take per day?

Again, I thank you for your note which I found very comforting!

Best,

Nancy