below is cc of email sent to my new neuro.  I had surgery Aug 7 to replace my NS batteries; one had died and I was a mess.

From: Rayilyn Brown
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 6:48 PM
To: Ming-Jai Liu
Cc: Shirley S Knox
Subject: Parkinson's Treatment

thanks for the interesting book and the time you spent programming me Thursday.  altho I’m still very tired I have  less pain and dystonia, am slowly resuming my former low level of functioning.

the book:
re “timing”, unlike most Parkies have never found it to be critical as I don’t have on/off experience with meds.  years ago after my first 1/2 dose of  Sinemet I thought “this is going to be great” I felt “normal”, but never again.

re “anxiety”” when I  had ovarian cancer treatment I developed panic attacks due to chemo and carried valium with me for a bit in case.  1/2 a pill seems to help now when I go to  doc appts  now as I don’t have panic attacks or agoraphobia anymore, but my whole body gets like a  clenched fist

re “exercise” it definitely helps, for past 3 years have done up to  2 hours daily of motorized cycling.

re “optogenetics”- sounds interesting. I think “Love and light” on people, animals and problems, so the idea of light as a treatment is fascinating to me!

thanks again, and love and light on you,  your patients and practice  Dr. Liu.

Ray
Rayilyn Brown
Past Director AZNPF