Glad you're feeling a bit better, Ray.
Re exercise - I took up riding a  drift trike (great fun, look it up on youtube)  - it does help fitness, but I gave myself tendonitis in both wrists from the extra strain on my arms - you basically have a low saddle and reach up for the handlebars.   Scares small dogs and nervous people, cos  it's got rollers instead of back wheels and makes one heck of a noise !  practical side is you can't fall off.

Whee !    Stuff growing old with dignity....

Amanda